What: 7th Anal Ass Wed H5 Beer Mile (aka Harrisburg Mile)
Hare (well, actually just the one trying to plan this nonsense): Bang 4 UR Buck
When: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 6 PM. 6 PM Pre-lube at the Midtown Tavern (1101 North 2nd Street, Harrisburg, PA 17102). 6:35 race time.
Where: Starting line is the intersection of Maclay and Front Streets, Harrisburg, PA and finish line is the intersection of Boas and Front Streets, Harrisburg, PA.
Here are your instructions:
(1) Register for the Harrisburg Mile whatever age group you feel like. We will all be running with the 20-29 age group at 6:35 though! Click the following link: https://runsignup.com/Race/PA/Harrisburg/HarrisburgMile .
(2) Pick up your packet. See the website for packet pick-up information: http://ymcarun.com/info-mile/.
(3) Drop off your beer. Meet at the Midtown Tavern at 6 PM to drop off your four 12-ounce cans of beer to the volunteers. The starting line is at Maclay and Front Streets, and the Age 20-29 Mile Run starts promptly at 6:35 PM.
(4) Run the Beer Mile. When they start the r*ce you will need to cross the starting line mats wearing your r*ce bib so that you start the timer to record your overall r*ce time. You will then chug your first beer near the starting line and proceed to the 1/4-mile point at Muench and Front Streets where you will chug your second beer, and so-on, and so-on until you cross the finish line mats at the end. Beer stations will be roughly located at: (1) the starting line at Maclay and Front Streets, (2) the 1/4-mile point at Muench and Front Streets, (3) the 1/2-mile point at Clinton and Front Streets, and (4) the 3/4-mile point at Sayford and Front Streets.
(5) Drink some post-r*ce refreshments and circle up. We will meet up at the beer tent for post-r*ce refreshments.